Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Working the store

Another tip when shopping is to walk the outer aisles and avoid the displays. They usually don't contain the best deals. On the back aisles they have things marked 15-30 percent off of regular items from toothpaste to baby food. Also avoid the precut/pre chopped items. They are so much cheaper if you do the chopping yourself.

Get familiar with the prices of the products you use most often. That way when they go on sale you will know if it is really a deal. Generally things go on sale once every 2-3 months. But lately my store has been having a lot of milk and chicken sales. When those happen it is a good idea to stock up a little bit. I don't have 6 months of products stocked up or anything like that. I usually only buy what I need and what will fit in my pantry and fridge. I do have an extra fridge in the basement because when things like organic beef and chicken go on sale at whole foods I will go buy 6 months worth since I don't get down there all that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment