Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Pantry soup recipe

This is one of my favorite soups for those nights when I just don't feel like cooking. I always have all of the ingredients in my pantry and fridge so it is a quick throw together. Gotta give the credit to Giada on the food network, it is her recipe :)

Ingredients:
1 jar marinara sauce (whichever brand you like and have a coupon for of course) ;)
1 small can of chicken stock or approximately 2 cups of homemade
1 can white beans (I use great northern I think) drained and rinsed
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
Handful of pasta (elbows are preferred but whatever you need to use up will work just fine, even broken spaghetti works)
Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste

Directions:

In a large skillet sauté the carrots in a little bit of canola or olive oil until slightly tender. Season with salt, pepper, and pepper flakes. Add the marinara sauce and chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Add the pasta and beans and cook until the pasta is done.

I usually serve this with a grilled cheese and both kids will actually eat it.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment