Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cleaning products

I use all green cleaning products which generally cost a little more. You can make your own all purpose cleaner very easilly with just 4 parts vinegar to 1 part water (double check with google on the ratios for that) but I hate the smell of vinegar. I use Shaklee brand cleaners. They are super concentrated so they last forever. I have been on the same bottle for a year and a half now. You can get them on Shaklee.com. My brother is a distributer so let me know if you are interested in the cleaners. I use the same cleaner for disinfecting, bathrooms, and kitchen floors. That way I don't have to buy a bunch of different things.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!
    Congrats on your new site.

    Lately I have been making my own laundry soap powder.
    I use a bar of soap, grated (most of the time Ivory because it's easy to find but you can use Zote(only use 1/3 per batch) or Fels-Naptha).
    1 cup of Borax
    1 cup of wash-soda (I use the knock-off brand of oxyclean at the dollar store, 5 lb for $3 or $4)
    Mix it well for 5 min. and store in an airtight container.
    Use 2 tablespoons per load.

    ReplyDelete