Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today's shopping trip

So, I hit the grocery store bright and early with the kiddos this morning. I just love shopping again now that the holidays are done. The store was dead quiet (except for my angels of course). I have been going to the same store for about 5 months now and for some reason today I couldn't find anything. I scoured the aisles for honey and tofu (I have never tried tofu but I got a yummy recipe for a chocolate banana smoothie that uses tofu so I thought I would give it a try). After my kids free cookies had been eaten it was time to hit the checkout. I found the honey but gave up on tofu...maybe next week. Today wasn't my best day at the register but it wasn't terrible either. Managed to save $16.00 with coupons.

My prep work last night consisted of going over the sale flyer and planning my meals for the week based on what was on sale. I put together my coupons and my list and I was done!

Thanks so much Sheri for the coupon tips. I wish my store let me load them onto my savings card, it would be so much easier. And also to Alain, I am going to try making my own laundry soap for sure! What an awesome money saving idea :) I couldn't figure out how to reply to the comment thread. I guess I am having a mommy brain day. It just seems to be shut off...

Happy Shopping Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment